Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Act 4



I rode to where I first met the three witches. When I got there I saw three witches standing around a pot chanting a spell while throwing the foulest things imaginable into the pot. I went up to them and commanded them to tell me more of my future. This time they brought with them their master of dark magic. I had gone beyond caring and confronted those foul beings. First one took a shape of head encased in a helmet. I was about to ask him of my future when one of the witches told me not to interrupt and told me that this unknown power could read my mind. The head told me to beware of Macduff, Thane of Fife. The second being took the form of a bloody child. This bloody child told me to be violent, bold, and firm. Laugh at the power of other men, because nobody born from a woman will ever harm me! The third took the form of a child wearing a crown just like mine. He told me to be brave like the lion and proud. Don’t even worry about who hates me, who resents me, and who conspires against me. Since I will never be defeated until Birnam Wood marches to fight me at Dunsinane Hill. I breathed a sigh of relief. I was as good as invincible! How can trees pull their roots out of the earth? Macduff is a man; thus, he will never harm me! Before returning to my horse, I asked the question that had been nagging me. Will Banquo’s issue ever reign in this kingdom? Fog settled upon us. Through the fog came numbers of ghost-like kings. They looked too much like Banquo. Eight of them appeared -- the last one with a mirror. In the mirror there were so many more men wearing crowns. Some of them were carrying double balls and triple scepters, meaning they’re kings of more than one country! The ghost-like kings rushed me, and I blacked out. When I came to, the witches were gone. When I got back to the main road away from the witches’ den, I found Lennox riding toward me. He told me that Macduff had fled to England. The witches’ apparitions had warned me to beware of Macduff, Thane of Fife. I must do, I have to do, before time can stop me. I will send some men to storm Fife; I’ll kill his wife, his youngling and his bloodline. I will burn Fife to the ground and set an example. I will cut Macduff’s heart apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment